Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Marketing Power of Postcards!

Postcards can be one of the most effective tools in advertising, if you use them. When I started my business, Small Business Promotions, literally, I had no money. I went to college and my funds were allocated for tuition and books. I had a dream and is determined to give it a try. My first experience the power of a postcard has come when I decided to print up to two postcards on my printer and click on the streets to start my marketing campaign. These cards are all black ink on yellow paper, nothing fancy. I distributed about 50 different cards to business owners in a community of busy business. I chose business because I thought they were my best prospects, since I was a graphic design and printing business. I must confess that it was not easy, but I was motivated simply because there was no alternative for me at the time. It was more a situation of survival for me. Another motivating factor was before I could make my little home office, I got a couple of calls. People are already starting to show interest. I could go on and tell many stories of how I used to open postcards business, sales, and establish business relationships. However, let me summarize by providing some important facts: I've never stopped using postcards. Why? Because, after experimenting with various methods of marketing over the years, I've come to the conclusion that postcards, whether by direct mail, distribution, or however you decide to use them are very effective marketing tools. I do not use more simple black ink, because the cost of color postcards become so cheap. It is better to use a business card with color and graphics. Here's why you can not overlook the postcard as part of your plan resources. -- Time is money and people are very aware of the value of their time. The postcard addresses this perfectly because you can provide a short message in a minimum time. -- If you have an idea of what time you can take this idea from conception to distribution before the day is done. Postcards can take all budgets and you can produce a quantity that businesses of all sizes can benefit? small, medium or large. You can earn a lot of money on your marketing budget since the two sides cards do not cost as much as other methods. -- You can buy 5000 four-color, professionally designed postcards, for less than $ 200. In some cases, less than $ 100. In the USA, the cost to post a 4 x 6 postcard is only $ 0.24. You have companies that will design, print and mail your postcards for you. Check www.DesignsnPrint.com Think about this, have you ever received a postcard in the mail and not, at least, considered? Postcards are real attention grabbers. They initiate contact with your potential customer. Here's how you can use postcards successfully and in a way that is beneficial to you: a) produce new Leadsb) make announcements to your existing database of customersc) Thank customers for their support and loyaltyd) Follow-up with prospects in the context of a campaigne) send traffic to your websitef) offers special discounts or generate more salesg) Seasons greetings with your logo and information in the crowded highway of your mail that clients receive all day You must make your request card attention. Yes people, this is the secret to having a piece of sending succeeded. One side of the card must send a message so powerful that the prospect will want to return it and read the other side. On the other side of the card you deliver the benefits of your company (just remember that the prospect is only concerned by what is for them). Provide a firm offer to create. List your details clearly. If I had to choose the most important part of the postcard outside contact information, I must say that the title. It must be powerful. It should be concise. It must be bold. use graphics if it is related to the message you are trying to convey. A nice clean graphic or image can be powerful, but overuse can be fatal for you marketing campaign. It all depends on your target market. When creating your text always think in terms of the benefit of your product prospects. Do product unique advantages. A very important element of the map should be the offer. Give your prospect a reason to act now! Remember that "FREE" is the most powerful in terms of supply. If you are in the sale of property, you may not want to send your postcard to a group of teenagers. I say everything, from zero on the right perspective and get better results. Many people make the mistake costly to produce their postcards, but they did not want to get prospects. In this case, you May and not produce the cards in the first place. They are not good sitting in your box. I encourage you to test the power of postcards today with a new approach. Just take this step further and follow the law. You get rid of competition and climb to come.
Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/graphic-design-articles/the-marketing-power-of-postcards-464232.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home