Friday, December 21, 2007

Style – How it Affects your Career as Graphic Designer

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to chat with one of the well-known Indonesian? Branding expert? ? How we can survive as a graphic artist, especially freelance graphic designer. T he impact on the style? He said:? What is the style? Go to hell with him. Style kills designer? His answer really shocked me, because I am a graphic artist who loves certain style of design, and I realized people without recognized by my work style.What he said that may be true for graphic artists who work in advertising agency or establishment of some shops because they must be able to deliver what customers need and obey their boss. It made me think. I have to change my style? Then, I tried to trace all the way back. I was 10 years working on the design field, meanwhile, I always with a certain design style, which more oriented German style with a certain character, such as? Ordained, compact, and alignment with a large square or rectangular geometric form?. In fact, in my early years, I broke the design style one of the largest local bank, which is already known as a very conservative bank? The minimalist modern and geometric? Design.That Kind of makes me sure that the style of design is not always about time, as many people think. The style is more related to like or dislike. In other words, a certain style won? T designers kill? Life. On the other direction, a freelance graphic designer will be able to survive on its own style.A freelance graphic designer, who has his own style, unconsciously create its own target market. With their portfolios, customers will view the characteristic of their artworks. So for those (potential customers) who like our style will automatically fall in love when they see our work without further loss of time to tell us more about what they want. The only information we need is about the products they sell or message they want to deliver. They already trust us on how we are going to see it.We donation? T need to deal with hard-to-please sort of clients.But again, it doesn? T say that we are stuck and stop digging our creativity. To explore and strengthen the style to get the personal touch, our style in this way will our identity in graphic design style that is becoming industry.Design identity is very important for the self-employed, because it is not easy for the self-employed to obtain new customers. That is the way to attract new customers.
sales training

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home